Search Blog

Friday, June 12, 2015

Weekly Wonder: Retreat

There is always something, great or small, that leaves me in a state of wonder. A few of those wonder-moments for this week are listed below. 

1. I attended a women's retreat this past weekend. Little did I know that it was exactly what I needed to quiet the inner critic inside of me. You know, the one that says "you can't" to everything, while lists of excuses tumble one upon the other. I'm not listening to that critic anymore, and when it creeps in, I'm going to hit it with Philippians 4:13.

 2. This place left me feeling ultra-close to God.







3. I call them "mini-concerts." The drive from the town I grew up in to the town I live in now lasts nearly 3 hours. I fill those hours worshipping in song as I drive, and they just might beat any concert I've attended. The real kicker is the fact that Emily slept for two of those hours. I'm thankful for moments like those.

4. Every time my daughter wakes up, I'm greeted with sweet smiles.



5. Just as the pediatrician finished Emily's 4 month check-up, she asked if she could pray for her. After an enthusiastic "yes" and a prayer, we talked and she explained that while on a missions trip to Jamaica, the Lord impressed upon her to pray for patients at her workplace.

6. This week, Wes and I discovered that we have not 1, not 2, but 3 cherry trees in our backyard. We thought they were apple trees this whole time! Between the cherry, pear, apple, and peach trees, you'd think we'd be set. We also have strawberries and raspberries growing too! I know we'll be sharing.



7. Each week, I'll post a video that I love.  I watched this video three times. There's something about a baby giggling over silly antics.


8. Each week, I'll also post a scripture that resonates with me. Right now, I'm reading Hebrews, so you'll probably see Hebrews verses for the next few weeks. Here's this weeks: "And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: they shall perish; but thou remainest;" Hebrews 1:10-11a



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog