Search Blog

Friday, August 19, 2016

Short & Sweet: Rest

Today's Short & Sweet will live up to its name.

I'm drained. Yesterday, I dealt with a sore throat and today it's sinuses, sensitive ears, and a cave-enclosed head. Yet, I have little room for complaints. This whole pregnancy has been smooth and I've been healthy. Along with that, feeling this way comes in perfect timing in the grand scheme of life. September involves teaching and October involves a newborn. So today, while exhausted and sore, I'm choosing to be thankful. Today, instead of focusing on my circumstances, I've focused on praying for others dealing with a multitude of difficult situations. But now, it's time to focus on getting rest for both baby and I. No more computer screens. No more newfound piercing screams from my toddler. No more extreme thinking. Rest. Quiet. Peace. 

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog